Russian Weather Loach (Misgurnus mohoity)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Russian Weather Loach
95 Litres (25 US G.)
20.3-25.4cm (8-10 ")
6.5 - 7.5
10 -20 °C (50-68°F)
- Russian Weather Loach
Additional scientific names
- Misgurnus bipartitus, Misgurnus bipartitusis, Misgurnus cestoideus
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Found in China and Mongolia, also found in Russia.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- These fish are difficult to sex. Mature females may appear plumper than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A coldwater Loach that does best in groups with it's own kind. It is peaceful and should, therefore, not be kept with aggressive, nippy or predatory tank mates such as Goldfish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- This fish must be kept in temperate coldwater. It does best with small gravel or sand substrate with no sharp décor and plenty of hiding places. Some current is appreciated and they are sensitive to water quality problems.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful bottom-dwelling Loach that stays with company of its own kind.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A very elongate fish with small rounded fins, the body is mottled brown-yellow in colour. The eyes are small and there are several sets of barbels around the mouth.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )